It is an established fact that content has fast become essential for business and brand growth, awareness, and ultimately success; content has become a form of “Online Currency”.
Content is any information provided by a brand or organization that is relevant, compelling, and timely, such that when a potential client or customer comes in contact with it, in whatever form it is, they engage with it. It is a strategic tool that not a lot of brands and organizations are taking full advantage of.
Content marketing for businesses is the process of creating text, audio, video, and other online content and then optimizing them such that they appear in online searches when prospective customers are ready to make a purchase. The importance of content marketing in digital marketing strategy relates to its ability to increase the volume of quality traffic to your business website.
It also helps that Google uses content, especially strategic content employing tools like SEO and Keyword search to boost your brand awareness online getting you the audience you need and ultimately their patronage. This helps with learning your client’s or customers’ preferences, what informs their decision-making process, and purchases.
Content that is compelling and engaging can be shared on social media and all it takes is for the right picture or video to go viral to get you the audience your business needs. With the right content, when customers search for your services online, they choose you because of the quality of the information you offer to help them make better decisions. The higher the quality of the content, the more valuable it is to your audience and the more likely they are to engage with your business.
Content marketing is not just a new exciting marketing concept; it is a highly important marketing strategy for pretty much all businesses in all industries. If you’ve been wondering “Is content marketing important for my business?” YES is it!!!
Content is king in creating awareness and generating strategic quality leads which sustains sales growth. Properly executed content has the power to pull your audience to your business’s website, which is ultimately your goal so it results in leads and sales.
The more they engage with your business and spend time on your website, the more likely they are to become a prospective client and grow to develop trust in your brand.
Let’s take a closer look at the benefits of content marketing.
- At the core of every digital marketing strategy, is content, in fact, it is the lifeline. It is critically important to know that content marketing connects and supports all the elements of your digital marketing strategy. Think of it as the base that supports all the elements of your marketing plan, the reason it stands. You will use it for your blog, for your email marketing, for your social media, and for PPC ads.
- Achieve goals and targets; with solid content for your digital marketing strategy, each channel you use for marketing tactics will achieve the best goals and sales revenue targets.
- Engage and nurture your prospects with creative online content: This is when you develop content that is engaging and valuable, it encourages readers to take the next step. You need to use convincing content that you’ve created to help nurture those leads, such as a blog or social media viral post which can be an image or video.
- Consistent Content can give you returns on whatever you invest in it: Content marketing pulls in significantly more website visitors and leads. The consistent production of content boosts website traffic, and as traffic increases, so do conversions and a good conversion strategy will bring in high-quality leads, sales, and retention for the long run.
- Content brings conversions that are valuable and profitable; Content generates conversions and is valuable because they affect a business’s bottom-line profitability. The website visitors who convert have chosen to actively engage with your content by accepting any offers or products you display on your website.
- Content marketing is cost-effective; Content marketing is affordable! A study by DemandMetric revealed that content marketing costs about 62% less than traditional marketing tactics, and it generates about 3 times as many leads! Content marketing is less expensive than forms of traditional marketing and more effective as well.
- When it comes to creating quality content, a little can go a long way. Creating great content takes time and effort but the right one that gets the job done