With digital marketing on the rise, writing blog posts have become rather expedient for brand and business positioning on a global scale. This is because it gives visibility of your products and services to the right audience using certain targeted tools like social media marketing, keywords, and search engine optimization which ensures that your website appears topmost in Google or internet searches.
Writing a blog post for your brand or company is a way for your brand to stay relevant by being in the face of your clientele and to put it quite simply, grow your business.
You could tell your brand’s story in an entertaining, educational, and engaging manner – without the hard sell.
You could use it to give other information which is relevant, relatable, compelling, and timely to the audience’s needs at the point at which they engage with it while not overtly seeking to sell your brand or its products. Blog posts make your audience see that you are more than a business or brand that is interested in only collecting their money but are also interested in the entire well-being of your audience and clients.
Essentially, you can write articles related to your field of expertise on your blog while also creating brand awareness especially through social media where it is shareable.
Blog posts have the potential to make customers seek you out because of the quality of the information you offer to help them make better decisions.
5 steps to help you get the right content for your blog.
- Plan and Research: – You need to have a clear-cut plan; first, think about what you want to write a blog on, then choose an appropriate topic, conduct research, check facts and create a draft, make sure you have everything you need. After you have done this, you can later flesh it out.
- Catchy Headline: – Write a catchy headline that is both informative and captivating. Ensure it is strong enough to get your readers’ attention long enough to make them click on your blog and read it, perhaps to the end. Using keywords or phrases in your headline will aid SEO. Also when writing a headline, keep in mind the kind of audience you have and the kind of headline that will grab their attention.
- Write Your Blog Post: – Armed with your research, now you can write your post, either writing a draft in a single session and flesh it out later or gradually chip at it one word after the other. When you are done writing, proofread, edit, and then repeat until you are completely certain your work is error-free.
- Use Appropriate Images: – Use images, illustrations, animations, or visuals to enhance your post, to improve its flow, add humor, entertain, educate and explain complex topics.
- Edit and Proofread:- Be sure to avoid repetition, read your post aloud to check its flow, have someone else read it and provide feedback, keep sentences and paragraphs short, don’t be a perfectionist, don’t be afraid to cut out text or adapt your writing last minute.
Your blog is a strategic approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action and engagement.